Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Re-Creating Logos in Illustrator CS5


Our homework assignment was to re-create a few famous logos using Adobe Illustrator CS5. I was specifically assigned to re-create the logos in the left column of the logo template. This included the UPS, Virgin Records, MacIntosh, and NFL logos. In the top image my re-created logos are located directly to the right of each original logo that I had to re-create. The bottom image contains all four of my re-created logos. Some of the colors in my re-created logos are slightly different than those in the original images so I could see my own mark making as I was working directly on top of the original logos. To re-create these logos I used mainly the pen tool, the line tool, and the rectangle/ellipse tool. This assignment was my very first time creating anything using Illustrator. Due to this, I found this assignment to be a bit tricky and sometimes frustrating. However, by the end of the assignment, I found myself becoming more comfortable using Illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment